Dennett Construction has an immediate opening for a Superintendent. The Superintendent coordinates and supervises the construction process from conceptual development stage, through to final completion, ensuring that projects are completed on time and within budget. We are looking for someone highly motivated with the ability to run multiple projects.
The Superintendent’s principal duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Organize and coordinate the daily activities of all crew members, subcontractors, equipment and utilize corrective action to keep the project on time and on budget
- Engage in open communication with Project Managers and Operations Manager; report any issues which could affect the project
- Plan work in an efficient and effective order, maximizing progress in a safe and timely manner.
- Prepare and maintain construction schedule
- Schedule inspections as necessary throughout the process
- Perform daily construction reports and maintain project documentation
- Promote, execute and adhere to the company’s safety program, and encourage all employees, subcontractors and consultants to adopt safety as a culture
- Conduct daily and weekly safety meetings and inspections
- Maintain customer relationships with a positive and professional attitude
- Ability to foresee delays, manage risks, and provide solutions to complete project on time and within budget
- Participate as a vital team member and contribute towards the success of the organization.
Skills and Qualifications
- 3+ years commercial construction superintendent experience, Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management may negate years required.
- Ability to read and interpret construction drawings
- Must have a valid US driver’s license and be of legal working status
- Knowledge of Procore project management software
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project or other scheduling software
- Must be willing to work as a team to complete projects
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- OSHA 10-Hour certificate minimum, 30-Hour preferred
- Work location – Varies
- Full-time employment.
- Competitive package of salary and benefits.