At the Main Office
Scott Dennett Construction is has an opening for an Estimator/Preconstruction Services position. This role is focused on customer service and will be responsible for all aspects of preconstruction and estimating by working with insightful and proactive performance in mind as it relates to the success of the project for our customers, internal teammates, architects, engineers, specialty contractors and other stakeholders.
- Provide budgeting and estimating services along with coordination and collaboration with project team for pre-bid and preconstruction services:
- Prepare conceptual budget estimates for projects from Schematic Design to Construction Document stages
- Evaluating and compiling all budgets and bids including conceptual estimating, hard bids and negotiated bid work
- Source and build relationships with specialty contractors and vendors
- Communicate and present proposals to customers, architects, engineers,
- Provide take-off reviews and estimates from construction drawings
- Solicit bids from the specialty contractor market
- Review, evaluate and approve all proposals, estimates, bids, etc. submitted by specialty contractors and vendors
- Review, evaluate and approve all proposals, estimates, bids, etc. submitted by Dennett Construction
Core Competencies and Skills Needed
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent communicator and team member
- Existing specific customer relationships
- Knowledge of and relationships with the local specialty contractor community
- Ability to work with operations to enhance existing customer relationships
- Desire to work with Business Development to pursue new customers
- Ability to interface with project consultants, including bid presentations
- Read and fully understand plans, specifications, details and construction documents
- Ability to handle multiple responsibilities and generate a quality work product in a deadline driven environment
- Knowledge of unit cost pricing and conceptual budgeting
- Ability to perform reviews and take-offs of construction documents
- Create and review all final estimate packages to ensure accuracy and completeness prior to final bid submission
- Provide and/or coordinate full estimating services, to include examining estimates of material, equipment, and production costs, performance requirements, and delivery schedules to ensure completeness and accuracy
- Lead pre-bid meetings and contribute to bid strategy formulation
Conditions and Requirements
- Work location – Fort Worth, TX
- Full-time employment.
- Competitive package of salary and benefits.
- 4 year bachelor’s degree (or) commensurate experience in – construction science/management, construction engineering or architecture
- 3+ Years of experience estimating commercial construction projects
- Proficient with appropriate software (planswift, smartbid).