The Pre-Construction Process
Pre-Construction offers a number of benefits to both the clients and contractors. Pre construction can remove a lot of the unknown variables for you and give a clear picture for what the project is going to look like, how it is going to get done, and when it will be completed.
Being able to evaluate all possible scenarios up front gives you confidence that the project will run smoothly and you’ll have realistic expectations. This helps to avoid issues while the project is underway. It’s a real win, win for everyone involved.
- Obtain plans for project and begin initial review.
- Meet with client, if needed, and walk through existing buildings. Provide consultation if necessary.
- Study plans and specs in design review and bidding phase to help ensure that no discrepancies exist that may lead to change orders. We believe in addressing these issues during the bid phase rather than waiting until the project is underway.
- Obtain bids from subcontractors, qualify subcontractors and value engineer bids to determine which figures to pass along to the client. We will then put together a comprehensive and detailed proposal.
- During the design and bidding phase, we can recommend changes and alternatives that would result in cost effective solutions. Our estimators can suggest several different alternatives and provide a value analysis of the project.
- We will identify any long lead time items in the bidding phase.
- Generate contract for contractor and client agreement along with contracts for contractor and subcontractor agreements.
- Obtain permit from city plan review and development department.