At the Main Office
Dennett Construction has an immediate opening for an Accounts Receivable Specialist. The Accounts Receivable Specialist will support accounting operations by performing Accounts Receivable tasks, including but not limited to invoicing, collections, data entry, filing and coordination with the Controller. This position is important to our firm and the fulfillment of the duties and responsibilities contribute to the overall success of the company.
The Accounts Receivable Specialist’s principal duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Perform Accounts Receivable functions to support Controller.
- Communicate with clients regarding receivables status.
- Coordinate billing with Project Managers.
- Research accounting discrepancies.
- File and record liens.
- Maintain accounting records by filing documents electronically.
- Run various accounting reports.
- Protect organization’s confidential information.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or equivalent experience.
- Construction Accounting experience preferred.
- Working knowledge of Sage 100 accounting software.
- Expertise in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and Outlook)
- Excels in team environment.
- Ability to work effectively under time frames.
- Ability to prioritize when given multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner, both written and orally.