At the Main Office
Dennett Construction has an immediate opening for an Accounts Payable Specialist. The Accounts Payable Specialist will support accounting operations by performing Accounts Payable tasks, including but not limited to processing invoices and payments, collaboration with the Project Managers, Assistant Project Managers, and the Controller. The fulfillment of the duties of the position, along with an eagerness to work with others, contributes greatly to the overall success of our team.
The Accounts Payable Specialist’s principal duties include, but are not limited to the following:
- Work with Subcontractors, Project Managers and Controller.
- Process vendor invoices and payments.
- Research accounting discrepancies.
- File and record liens; obtain and record lien releases.
- Reconcile vendor statements.
- Run various accounting reports.
- Protect organization’s confidential information.
Skills / Qualifications
- Associates degree in accounting or equivalent experience
- At least one year of experience in construction accounting
- Working knowledge of Sage 100 Contractor software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office (Excel , Word and Outlook)
- Ability to work effectively under time frames.
- Ability to prioritize when given multiple tasks.
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner, both written and orally.